I dropped my Droid Maxx a few weeks ago and cracked the screen pretty bad. Everything still worked for a while, but after a few weeks the three soft keys (back, home, etc) stopped working. The back button would work on and off, but after a couple weeks it stopped working all together. So now the screen works as if there were nothing wrong with it, except the three soft keys don't respond at all, making it impossible to back out of or close apps.

What needs to be fixed? Should I just replace the glass? Or does it need a new digitizer even tho the rest of the touch screen works perfectly? What needs to be fixed or replaced and what is the best way to do it?
    09-22-2014 01:52 PM
    The glass and digitizer are the same thing. The LCD or LED, not sure about the Maxx, is just a display and the touch inputs are the glass/digitizer. If it's not working then it will need to be replaced. You can find tons of DIY on YouTube to do that, but be warned that opening the phone voids any warranties and most insurance claims.
    09-22-2014 01:58 PM