I have moto g '13 with 4.4.4. Update. How do I transfer a downloaded sound to make as an option for a ringtone or to use as a message notification. I think I just need to get the"sound" over into my list of sound options that came with the phone. Ringtone, notification sound. Anyone help? ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ Julia...

Julia Gay Smith
    09-22-2014 06:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where is the downloaded mp3 or wav file that you'd like to turn into a ringtone or notification? If you downloaded it directly to your phone, use a file manager app (like ES File Explorer) and copy or move the file to either the Ringtones folder or the Notifications folder. Then go to Settings>Sound, select Ringtone or Notification, and the new tone should be there. If it isn't, try rebooting.

If the file is downloaded to your computer the, you could either connect the phone to your computer via USB and use the computer's file explorer to transfer to the file to the correct folder, or upload the file to Google Drive from the computer, then download it from your Drive app to your phone. Then move the file to the proper folder using the steps above.
    Welcome to Android Central! Where is the downloaded mp3 or wav file that you'd like to turn into a ringtone or notification? If you downloaded it directly to your phone, use a file manager app (like ES File Explorer) and copy or move the file to either the Ringtones folder or the Notifications folder. Then go to Settings>Sound, select Ringtone or Notification, and the new tone should be there. If it isn't, try rebooting.

If the file is downloaded to your computer the, you could either connect the phone to your computer via USB and use the computer's file explorer to transfer to the file to the correct folder, or upload the file to Google Drive from the computer, then download it from your Drive app to your phone. Then move the file to the proper folder using the steps above.
    09-23-2014 03:01 AM