I am so frustrated with my phone - I can't get deleted emails to "delete" - there are thousands of emails in the"trash" that won't delete. My TMobile account seems to be going into major overage for data because of email (!?!?) What is going on? I have reviewed the S5 manual (it is useless on this issue). I have reviewed past posts on this issue (nothing seems to work.) I am ready to trash this phone.
    09-22-2014 08:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I believe that you typically can't permanently delete Trash emails in the stock Email app. The email server likely will empty the trash on its own schedule.

As for data usage, it may be that your Email app is set to sync very frequently, which can eat up data. Try opening the Email app, tapping the Menu button, then Settings, and check the sync settings for each of your email accounts. Set them for longer intervals. If they're syncing every 15 minutes, it could use up data faster.

If data use is a concern for you, you could also consider toggling your mobile data off whenever you're not actively using your phone. People rarely need to have their phones constantly connected to the web if they're not actively using them, unless being notified of incoming emails, tweets, or Facebook posts are very important to them.
    09-23-2014 12:46 AM