My HTC one 8M stopped charging yesterday. When I came to unplug the handset the charger was stuck and really hard to unplug. I thought nothing of it, when I went to top up the battery before I started work I noticed it wasn't charging. I have of course tried other chargers and had no luck. The battery has died and I am now phone less.
    09-23-2014 01:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where was the charger stuck--where it connects to the phone, or where it plugs into the wall? If it was where it connected to the phone, it's possible the charging port got damaged, perhaps by a power surge. Was the phone plugged into an unprotected wall outlet?

You may have to contact HTC (if still under warranty) or bring it in to a repair shop, to see if you just need a simple replacement of the port, or if there's more extensive damage inside.
    09-23-2014 02:26 AM
    Thanks for the reply, it was stuck in my phone at the connector. It was plugged into a normal plug socket if that helps? Thought I may have needed to call them. Waiting for their offices to open.
    09-23-2014 02:57 AM