I am really hoping someone can help me before I go nuts.

After migrating from my old S3 to a new S5 using the Smart Switch app, some of my photos, videos and WhatsApp images have the incorrect date on my new phone. The "Date Authored" and "Created Date" on the files have been set to the date on which the migration happened.

The strange thing is that the majority of photos have the correct dates, it is only a small percentage that have the incorrect date. This seems to affect all the videos though.

I have also tried connecting both phones to my PC via USB and re-copying the files directly from the S3 to the S5. Initially the dates are correct but then somehow the S5 updates them the current date. On the S3 everything is fine.

Not really a big issue but an irritation having all my old photo's displayed at the top of my gallery and then also backed up to Google Plus with the incorrect date.

The files are named according to the correct date eg: 20130819_063032.mp4, but the date is set to 22/09/2014.

I've tried searching for an app that would allow me to update the dates on these files but the only one I can find needs ROOT access on the phone which I don't think is a good idea.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
    09-23-2014 09:20 AM