Pretend you are speaking to someone that has never held a smartphone below and then please explain each step in detail on how to stop the FWUpgrade from updating. I have no idea whether I have a rooted phone or not. I've "Force" stopped the application and turned it off, yet every day it updates itself drains my battery and I have to force stop it again and turn it off again.

Thank you!
    Kristen
    09-23-2014 02:49 PM
    Is your phone downloading a new firmware update? If so, you should go into your Settings and find the "About Device" option (where it is, unfortunately, varies depending on which device you're using, but it's usually on the General tab). There, you'll see a SOFTWARE UPDATE option. There, you can uncheck the AutoUpdate option. That should stop the process from updating itself unless you manually click on the UPDATE button above.
    09-23-2014 03:28 PM
    Could you state which firmware upgrade this is? Is it being sent via your carrier, or as a direct over-the-air update from the phone manufacturer?

I'm not familiar with Samsungs, but I imagine that somewhere in Settings, you will be able to check your update status.

Edit moments later: Thank you, Spooks....I posted at the same moment but I see you've got the answer.☺

Posted via Android Central App
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-23-2014 03:30 PM