Dropped S4 in the toilet. How can I save it now?

Maladroit23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Rice? CPR :(

I Googled this already. So far I've blow-dried it and stuck it in a bag of rice.

Any chances that will save it?

What else can I do?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I won't even put my phone down on the same counter I'm pouring my coffee on. And I wrote the article that Belodion linked to. I've seen too many phones that were cleaned properly (and quickly) after they got wet still fail long before they would normally need to be replaced.

My rule of thumb is to treat my phone as if it were soluble in water. I wear it in a holster on my belt, but if I have to go somewhere in the rain, the phone comes out of the holster and into an inside pocket. If it's pouring (we sometimes get inches-per-hour downpours here in the summer), the phone goes into a zipped plastic bag, or I switch the SIM to my cheap dumb phone (which would cost me about $10 to replace from Craig's List - but it's a phone and. I don't like being out and about without one).

Maladroit23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I won't even put my phone down on the same counter I'm pouring my coffee on. And I wrote the article that Belodion linked to. I've seen too many phones that were cleaned properly (and quickly) after they got wet still fail long before they would normally need to be replaced.

My rule of thumb is to treat my phone as if it were soluble in water. I wear it in a holster on my belt, but if I have to go somewhere in the rain, the phone comes out of the holster and into an inside pocket. If it's pouring (we sometimes get inches-per-hour downpours here in the summer), the phone goes into a zipped plastic bag, or I switch the SIM to my cheap dumb phone (which would cost me about $10 to replace from Craig's List - but it's a phone and. I don't like being out and about without one).

You, Rukbat, are our only hope in the struggle to keep toilets from swallowing up our mobile devices.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'll take a guess. It means. Jurassic Park Sucks In My Opinion. Which I find to be really irrelevant to this conversation. And just plain wrong. LMAO.

Researchers find E. coli on 1 in 6 cell phones due to people using them in the toilet. Think about that next time you're snuggling your G5 up to your cheek after an epic chat session in the lavatory LOL

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Researchers find E. coli on 1 in 6 cell phones due to people using them in the toilet. Think about that next time you're snuggling your G5 up to your cheek after an epic chat session in the lavatory LOL

...or, at least eat more fiber so you can minimize your time in the rest room. Well, who knows, it might help.

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, remember that King George 2 died while straining at stool. This was in 1760, however, when smartphones were in a fairly early stage of development....basically, just making a speaking trumpet out of a piece of rolled-up paper and shouting through it.

Posted via Android Central App

Maladroit23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by dctokyo:
"Researchers find E. coli on 1 in 6 cell phones due to people using them in the toilet. Think about that next time you're snuggling your G5 up to your cheek after an epic chat session in the lavatory LOL"

Thanks. Have been short on fuel for my hypochondria lately.

Maladroit23

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, remember that King George 2 died while straining at stool. This was in 1760, however, when smartphones were in a fairly early stage of development....basically, just making a speaking trumpet out of a piece of rolled-up paper and shouting through it.

Posted via Android Central App

Don't remember that. I have a terrible memory though.

Spankingbakin

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Well if it makes you feel any better, my 1 year old daughter seems to have a knack for getting my gs4 into water. Rice has kept it going after something like 5 full submerges at least one of such was 20 minutes plus while powered on. Seems a tough little phone

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk