09-26-2014 09:16 PM
30 12
tools
    Rice? CPR

I Googled this already. So far I've blow-dried it and stuck it in a bag of rice.

Any chances that will save it?

What else can I do?

Thanks!
    09-23-2014 04:49 PM
    Don't turn it on for a couple days, just to be safe. Also, did you remove the battery?
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-23-2014 05:02 PM
    Don't turn it on for a couple days, just to be safe. Also, did you remove the battery?
    F. It was on when it plopped into the water. Hope that didn't fry it.

Yes, I removed the battery before blow-drying it out.
    09-23-2014 05:04 PM
    Hopefully, there was nothing in the toilet besides...H20. Not sure that rice would resolve fecal or urine exposure. ...just say'n.
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-23-2014 05:05 PM
    F. It was on when it plopped into the water. Hope that didn't fry it.
    Hopefully you got it out and removed the battery as soon as possible. The longer it is on while in water, the more of a chance that it is going to get damaged.
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-23-2014 05:06 PM
    Hopefully, there was nothing in the toilet besides...H20. Not sure that rice would resolve fecal or urine exposure. ...just say'n.
    Well. That's advice. Of a kind.

At least it's not the worst of those two scenarios.

Shudder.
    09-23-2014 05:11 PM
    Well. That's advice. Of a kind.

At least it's not the worst of those two scenarios.

Shudder.
    Hey, we're here to help.
    09-23-2014 05:13 PM
    Hopefully you got it out and removed the battery as soon as possible. The longer it is on while in water, the more of a chance that it is going to get damaged.
    I did that thing where you grab it quickly and then realize you just stuck your hand in a toilet. So hopefully no damage.
    neonworm likes this.
    09-23-2014 05:13 PM
    Hey, we're here to help.
    LOL
    09-23-2014 05:14 PM
    You may want to read this from one of AC's members:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124...-try-save.html

Posted via Android Central App
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-23-2014 05:51 PM
    You may want to read this from one of AC's members:

http://androidforums.com/faqs/815124...-try-save.html

"If you immediately remove the battery, you have a 50-50 chance of saving the phone."

Holy god. That's like, Ebola odds.
    belodion likes this.
    09-23-2014 05:59 PM
    (In voting you a heart, I meant no disrespect to those suffering from that disease, you understand....I was simply acknowledging your good-humoured response, as it seemed to me to be.)

Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-23-2014 07:00 PM
    Really people, why would you want to carry your phone into the toilet ? JPSIMO
    09-23-2014 07:13 PM
    JPSIMO
    What does that mean?
    09-23-2014 08:11 PM
    Really people, why would you want to carry your phone into the toilet ? JPSIMO
    Some people don't get enough fiber and may be in the restroom for a good bit...and want entertainment, etc. So, they bring their phone. It's a possibility.
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-23-2014 08:17 PM
    I've dropped more devices than I can count in water. Without fail, I'm always able to salvage them via a battery pull and a full 12/24 hours in a bag of rice. Works every time. I actually jeep a bag of rice in my pantry for these pruposes (happens at the lake, someone spilling a drink, rain, etc.. Yes, I should be more careful, but I'm going with the Xperia Z3C, so this shouldn't be a concern for me going forward)

Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-23-2014 08:37 PM
    Rice? CPR

I Googled this already. So far I've blow-dried it and stuck it in a bag of rice.

Any chances that will save it?

What else can I do?

Thanks!
    Just take it out of the rice bag in a couple of days and pray that it turns on.
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-24-2014 08:18 AM
    Good to know I'm not alone here!
    09-24-2014 01:22 PM
    What does that mean?
    I'll take a guess. It means. Jurassic Park Sucks In My Opinion. Which I find to be really irrelevant to this conversation. And just plain wrong. LMAO.
    09-24-2014 01:23 PM
    (In voting you a heart, I meant no disrespect to those suffering from that disease, you understand....I was simply acknowledging your good-humoured response, as it seemed to me to be.)

Thanks for that clarification. It was getting a little uneasy in here.

And thanks for the like
    belodion likes this.
    09-24-2014 01:25 PM
    I won't even put my phone down on the same counter I'm pouring my coffee on. And I wrote the article that Belodion linked to. I've seen too many phones that were cleaned properly (and quickly) after they got wet still fail long before they would normally need to be replaced.

My rule of thumb is to treat my phone as if it were soluble in water. I wear it in a holster on my belt, but if I have to go somewhere in the rain, the phone comes out of the holster and into an inside pocket. If it's pouring (we sometimes get inches-per-hour downpours here in the summer), the phone goes into a zipped plastic bag, or I switch the SIM to my cheap dumb phone (which would cost me about $10 to replace from Craig's List - but it's a phone and. I don't like being out and about without one).
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-24-2014 04:03 PM
    I won't even put my phone down on the same counter I'm pouring my coffee on. And I wrote the article that Belodion linked to. I've seen too many phones that were cleaned properly (and quickly) after they got wet still fail long before they would normally need to be replaced.

My rule of thumb is to treat my phone as if it were soluble in water. I wear it in a holster on my belt, but if I have to go somewhere in the rain, the phone comes out of the holster and into an inside pocket. If it's pouring (we sometimes get inches-per-hour downpours here in the summer), the phone goes into a zipped plastic bag, or I switch the SIM to my cheap dumb phone (which would cost me about $10 to replace from Craig's List - but it's a phone and. I don't like being out and about without one).
    You, Rukbat, are our only hope in the struggle to keep toilets from swallowing up our mobile devices.
    09-24-2014 06:52 PM
    I'll take a guess. It means. Jurassic Park Sucks In My Opinion. Which I find to be really irrelevant to this conversation. And just plain wrong. LMAO.
    Researchers find E. coli on 1 in 6 cell phones due to people using them in the toilet. Think about that next time you're snuggling your G5 up to your cheek after an epic chat session in the lavatory LOL
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-25-2014 03:04 AM
    Researchers find E. coli on 1 in 6 cell phones due to people using them in the toilet. Think about that next time you're snuggling your G5 up to your cheek after an epic chat session in the lavatory LOL
    ...or, at least eat more fiber so you can minimize your time in the rest room. Well, who knows, it might help.

Sent from my LG G-PaD📱
    Maladroit23 likes this.
    09-25-2014 05:30 AM
    Yes, remember that King George 2 died while straining at stool. This was in 1760, however, when smartphones were in a fairly early stage of development....basically, just making a speaking trumpet out of a piece of rolled-up paper and shouting through it.

Maladroit23 and dctokyo like this.
    09-25-2014 08:43 AM
30 12