Google Play stops when it can't play the file

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a hodgepodge of music that I've collected way since before the free Napster days (I even have some Musicmatch Jukebox music if anyone remembers that abomination) in my music library. When I play my library on Google's music player, I play a few songs just fine without issue, but then as soon as it hits one of those old files it stops, tells me that it can't play the file, and then I have to go grab my phone, and resume the play process.

Normally it wouldn't be a big deal if I had my phone on me, but I use a set of bluetooth earphones and keep the phone in another room or at least out of my immediate reach during a workout. I would be fine if it just skipped the song, but it just freezes. Pressing a combination of fast forward and play on my earphones doesn't do anything. Is there a setting somewhere that I can prompt Google Music to just automatically skip to the next song? I would prefer not to get another media player installed but I have no problems abandoning Google's Music player as I'm getting a little tired of it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it sounds like a system message, I doubt you can have Google Play Music automatically skip it. How about removing those old music files from your Google Music library?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Since it sounds like a system message, I doubt you can have Google Play Music automatically skip it. How about removing those old music files from your Google Music library?

I can actually play the file on other media players except for Google, or they just skip to the next track automatically. What I'm guessing is that Google decided to follow Apple's lead about DRM. Thanks for the input though. What I've decided to do is just go with the Note 3's native media player. Thus far I've had no real issue (other than Google play trying to start playing when I am using my bluetooth earphones to advance a song on my other player). At least now I know why not many people replied, apparently not many people use Google's music player, for good reason.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon