Texting Problem (send sms, receive mms)

Joseph Bozzo

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes when I receive a picture message (other mms like group text is fine) it does not display properly. I don't actually receive the picyure, it just shows a triangle with an exclamation point or something, all gray.

If I download the pic and save to my SD card then I can sometimes see a thumbnail of it, but it won't open still.

Also sometimes I send a regular sms and it doesn't send. It will look like it sends but it doesn't actually go. The receiver on the other line gets nothing. This happens randomly and probably just 2 or 3 times a week with the same people. I called AT&T and they told me it's because I used Go SMS. They got a big eye roll on that one! So I restarted my phone as they instructed, haven't had the sms problem but mms issue still stands (sometimes).

Posted via the Android Central App

Joseph Bozzo

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
None that I know of. Sometimes I have intermittent issues, but who doesnt? That problem is that the MMS does not come through, even when it seems I have no connection issues.

Joseph Bozzo

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Should I redownload GO SMS? The only annoying thing there was Facebook photos, which sometimes did not sync right.

I think I will call AT&T again to complain. Or maybe samsung? Could this be a Samsung issue that I don't receive picture messages and can't send some texts?

Joseph Bozzo

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
No. I used Go SMS and AT&T told me to delete it and restart the phone. So I did. And have been using the stock app with the same MMS issue..don't know about SMS, so far so good.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The reason you can't display certain pictures can be either that you don't have any app that displays that picture format (the phone doesn't display pictures, an app on the phone does) or the picture file was corrupted, either as it was uploaded to the MMS server, or as your phone downloaded it. (An MMS is actually an SMS link [text] to a URL the picture file is at.)

One other possibility is that you're receiving pictures from someone who's using an iPhone and sending them to you via iMessage. Since Apple still hasn't fixed that incompatibility, they'll have to send you at least one text as a text, not an iMessage, so that their phone knows to send you real texts. (iMessage "texts" aren't SMSs, they're some proprietary Apple protocol that doesn't work well with SMS.)

Joseph Bozzo

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
The reason you can't display certain pictures can be either that you don't have any app that displays that picture format (the phone doesn't display pictures, an app on the phone does) or the picture file was corrupted, either as it was uploaded to the MMS server, or as your phone downloaded it. (An MMS is actually an SMS link [text] to a URL the picture file is at.)

One other possibility is that you're receiving pictures from someone who's using an iPhone and sending them to you via iMessage. Since Apple still hasn't fixed that incompatibility, they'll have to send you at least one text as a text, not an iMessage, so that their phone knows to send you real texts. (iMessage "texts" aren't SMSs, they're some proprietary Apple protocol that doesn't work well with SMS.)

Thanks for all the info-- but how do I fix it! Lol. I think it is a corruption issue. At least one of the users I have had issues with is not an iPhone user. Usually I just make them tell me if the message is blue or green because smh they never know what I'm talking about.