The problem started last week, out of the blue, when I received a call and couldn't hear anything - the caller then confirmed via whatsapp that he couldn't hear me either.
    I've tried using loudspeaker and nothing - it seems the phone's call 'app' (if you can call it that) is acting glitchy.

It's not a problem of the microphone or the earpiece because ever since the problem started I've been forced to make calls through the skype app on the phone, and that's worked just fine. - I can also record voice messages on whatsapp ... etc.

Also both speakers sound perfectly fine when playing music from the device.

Anyone have any sort of idea of what's going on here, and if so, perhaps how to fix the problem?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    09-24-2014 05:37 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Skype might not use the phone mic--it might use the main mic (i.e., the one used by the videocamera). So it might still be a problem with the phone mic.
    09-24-2014 11:08 AM
    hi
    Same thing happened to me this morning as well, I went on the internet and search and i guess the best one to solve this problem is to go to the phone company where you bought it from, and ask them.
    it's totally fine when im playing music and using what'sapp or other communication apps. Only when in a call, I can't hear anything. :S
    09-25-2014 12:13 AM