I have a Samsung galaxy 3. I have for about 2 years. I have gone through two batterys and what is happing is the phone is getting real hot around the back of the phone not when it is pluged up when am using it and not over a longer period of time i can just turn on the phone and pull up an email I recieved and the phone starts getting hot. My batteries are getting bad because of this i can see where the battery is expanding in size and pushing the back off the phone. What can I do to fix this or do I just have to buy a new phone? HELP
    09-24-2014 12:16 PM
    If the battery is expanding, get it out of the phone. If it bursts it may cause damage, and may also cause damage from its distorted shape alone.
    You could try a Factory Reset, which may improve matters. Of course it will wipe all your personal data, so make sure that it's backed up first.
    Be sure, if buying a new battery, that it's a good quality one.

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-24-2014 12:40 PM
    A swollen battery is a failing battery, as belodion alludes to. I don't think the phone's overheating is causing the batteries to fail--it's probably the other way around. Get a replacement battery. I'm not sure why your batteries keep failing--are you getting them from the same store or supplier?
    belodion likes this.
    09-24-2014 01:35 PM
    If thois keeps happening with new batteries, either you're charging them wrong somehow (it's almost impossible), you keep discharging them to almost 0 (that's bad for a lithium battery) or there's something wrong with the phone that overcharges the battery or is shorting it. If you don't constantly run the battery down until the phone shuts off, you're going to have to bring it in for a repair estimate.
    belodion and B. Diddy like this.
    09-24-2014 03:54 PM