Hi Guys

i have Samsung galaxy s4 its mic is not working
    Here is the scenario

We i call on another number and its normal call without loud speaker its working fine

but when i switch to loud speaker people are not able to hear me when i enable noise reduction its working fine

but on skype call an wechat call people are not able to hear me on loud speaker mode but on normal mode its working fine

voice recording works perfectly

Please provide me the solution,
    09-24-2014 02:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, what you're describing is a little confusing. Tell me if I have this straight:

-Normal phone calls work fine.
    -People cannot hear you when you're on speakerphone.
    -People can hear you on speakerphone when noise reduction is on (am I understanding this part correctly? And where is the noise reduction setting?)
    -On Skype or WeChat, speakerphone calls also don't work.
    -On Skype or WeChat, normal calls are fine (i.e., non-speakerphone).

Is that correct?
    Ry likes this.
    09-24-2014 10:24 PM
    Yes all points understand by you is correct.

for point number 3 please find the attached image

How do I get my Samsung Galaxy S4 microphone working?-samsung_galaxy_s_4_optimize_in_call_sound-630x423.jpg
    09-25-2014 06:37 AM
    My main guess would be that the speakerphone mic is faulty. I think most devices have two separate mics--the phone mic and another mic that is used for the speakerphone as well as the videocamera. Noise reduction works by incorporating both mics: Background noise reduction: one of your smartphone's greatest tools | News | TechRadar. I think the reason why people can't hear you on speakerphone unless noise reduction is turned on is because when it's off, only the speakerphone mic is active (and if it's faulty, no one can hear you). But when you turn on noise reduction, this activates the phone mic as well as the speakerphone mic.

What happens when you take a video with the camera? Is there any sound? If there is no sound, that would confirm that the speakerphone mic is dead. I would contact Samsung if the phone is still in warranty.
    09-25-2014 11:11 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.

cam with video recording also works fine able to hear the voice clearly.

Regards,
    Nilesh Y.
    09-25-2014 01:00 PM
    Hmm, that kind of shoots my theory down. Unless the videocamera is actually using the phone mic. Try this--take a video and completely cover the phone mic with your finger. Does the audio still get recorded?
    09-25-2014 05:45 PM
    Hmm !

Through the video recording also mic is working perfect.

I have tried the another method

in voice recording the is option of noise reduction on/off i have tried the both option and mic is working perfect.
    09-26-2014 12:36 AM
    Ok, I'm out of ideas, except for trying a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support
    09-26-2014 02:02 AM
    done but no effect still facing the same issue.

tomm going in services center will check what is the exact cause of the problem.
    09-26-2014 01:42 PM
    Hi ,

They are saying that problem in motherboard, need to replace with new and cost is around $50.

Kindly suggest to go for it or not.
    09-28-2014 08:04 AM
    $50 isn't that much, compared to other repair costs (like replacing a screen). If it's important to you, and you're not close to an upgrade, then go for it.
    09-28-2014 10:12 AM