Is my SIM card any good?

A

AC Question

SIM card

So i have a SIM card that i slid out of my phone that is being repaired because of a cracked screen... it is a samsung note 3. the SIM card looks as if it has little lines (scratches?) on the gold parts of it... would this have messed my card up? and since it is a newer phone, will it have all of my pictures and stuff on it still? I am a little worried because I have a lot of stuff on my phone that is important and need to know if this is what stores it all?

cbryancan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: SIM card

No and no. The scratches on the SIM won't make any difference unless they are deep enough to damage the chip or if they manage to connect the different gold connectors.

There should be nothing on your SIM card, especially not photos. It is possible to store contacts on one, but that hasn't been a common choice for quite some time.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: SIM card

About the only thing that might be on your SIM card is contacts that you originally entered as SIM contacts. (Come on, Google Gods, give us the ability to change the type of contact when we edit it.) Everything else is on the phone itself or on the external SD card if you ut it there. If you want anything not to be lost, back it up to at least two independent destinations., (A laptop and a desktop, a laptop and a cloud account, two cloud accounts, any combination.)

As for the SIM card, the contacts get scratched but, even if the card is damaged, most carriers don't charge for new ones. (Virtual network operators, like Straight Talk, do.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza