Ok I just recently got an android phone from Wal-mart. It has no internet. The problem is that I can send a text to an email, but if someone replies, I don't receive it. I experimented with it, and I sent a text to my own email online, then I clicked reply and typed a message and hit send. It said "MESSAGE SENT!" but I never received it on my phone. Other people have tried emailing the phone, and it doesn't work..... What's wrong here???? I'm really an ***** with phones because my parents never let me have one when I was growing up, then they gave me a flip phone, and now this one that actually has a touchscreen but no internet -_-. With the flip phone, however, I had no problem receiving emails... It's just annoying. Is something wrong? ~sighs~
    09-24-2014 04:14 PM
    When you reply to that e-mail, what address is showing up? Not all carriers support email-to-SMS, but then, I don't see how you could have sent an SMS or MMS to an e-mail if that's the case.
    09-24-2014 04:27 PM
    If you send a text to an email address, it goes as an SMS (or MMS), not as an email. If the person responds to that address, he's responding to your email address, which goes as an email, not as a text. (The two are totally different protocols, that travel by totally different means.) Since the person is sending you an email via the internet (that's how email travels) and you have no internet connection (you should, through your carrier, if you have data service), you can't receive the response.
    09-24-2014 05:08 PM