1) Are new phones supposed to be hot/warm after you first use them? If so, how long will they get back to normal temperature?
    2) Are new phones supposed to run out of battery a little quicker than normal?
    3) What temperature is considered hot?
    09-24-2014 05:24 PM
    1) Define hot/warm. How long were you using it and were you playing games or watching video? This is pretty subjective. It's perfectly normal for a phone to get warm under intense use (or charging), like any other computer. If it's getting hot to the touch you might have a problem.

2) There is some small battery break in time for new phones and battery will get slightly better after the first week or so of use. However, it won't be a huge difference.

3) Different devices have different acceptable temperature ranges and heat tolerances. Technically speaking, it's too hard to say. Generally speaking, if it gets noticeably hot where it's uncomfortable to put against your face, I'd maybe take it into a store to look at. If it's just "warm" (which again is pretty subjective) I wouldn't worry about it.
    1) Define hot/warm. How long were you using it and were you playing games or watching video? This is pretty subjective. It's perfectly normal for a phone to get warm under intense use (or charging), like any other computer. If it's getting hot to the touch you might have a problem.

2) There is some small battery break in time for new phones and battery will get slightly better after the first week or so of use. However, it won't be a huge difference.

3) Different devices have different acceptable temperature ranges and heat tolerances. Technically speaking, it's too hard to say. Generally speaking, if it gets noticeably hot where it's uncomfortable to put against your face, I'd maybe take it into a store to look at. If it's just "warm" (which again is pretty subjective) I wouldn't worry about it.
    09-24-2014 05:44 PM
    Follow-up: If it's getting hot just browsing the internet or mild use, that's not a good sign.
    09-24-2014 05:45 PM