How do I stop my S4 Mini from capitalizing every word?

A

AC Question

How to make my s4 mini stop capitalizing every word

There are some times when I am texting and suddenly every word in the message Will Be Capitalized Automatically Like This. and then the next text I send, it will revert to normal, where only the first word of the sentence is automatically capitalized, which is what I want.
Can someone please explain to me why my s4 mini sometimes capitalizes every word in the sentence, and what I need to do to stop that?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to make my s4 mini stop capitalizing every word

Welcome to Android Central! Is this within an app (like the Messaging app), or within a text field in the browser? That kind of behavior seems to occur mostly when entering text in a browser.

Michele Lynne

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to make my s4 mini stop capitalizing every word

The only option is for Auto capitalization, which is for automatically capitalizing the first word of every sentence, which I want turned on. But nothing for capitalizing every word

Kirstein Gilbert

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Happens to me alll the time. And then some words, like the word "that" will come out like THAT and some other words. But I have nevee used it capitalized so I don't understand. And it always happens in texts, never browsers. If this is a problem with the phone if like it fixed.

Michael Duoba

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note 2 and have the same annoying problem. In seaching Internet it seems to be a frequent problem across many Samsung phones. One of "ambassador" responses was like "that is strange!" Yeah how curious, thanks for being so helpful. This is one of dozens of hacky, Busch - League bugs and errors with these Samsung "flagship" phones.

Dont be discuraged. I have found the fix listen up. Long press the start button, select Power Off, then go to your nearest Apple store and replace your Samsung phone with something that for so many years doesnt still appear to be in beta testing. I'm done. Done with my Android experiment. So are all my friends and colleagues who went from iphone to android. None of them are staying with android. And neither should you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1