Galaxy S5 wouldnt charge then went into factory mode, what happened?

Q

Question

Galaxy S5 wouldnt charge then went into factory mode

issues started as follows, plugged in with the factory wall charger, charge icon at the top lit up indicating that it was charging, but when I set it down the charge it stopped charging (phone made the usb disconnect sound which alerted me to this) I turned off the phone and unplugged the usb, then plugged it back in (did this a few times and made sure the charger was plugged in fully) sometimes the phone would do a short single vibrate pulse and a thin line would appear on the screen at the same time, and it would do this about ever couple of seconds with the usb plugged in. other times the phone would turn on when I plugged the usb charge cord into the device. and the third thing it would do is show the battery charge icon, followed by the battery with the yellow triangle w/exclamation mark on it. After removing the battery and usb charge cable, then reinstalling the battery (after the phone was powered down first), the phone went into factory mode when I plugged in the usb and displays some info, with udc start, the android green robot, with "downloading... do not turn off target!!" below it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 wouldnt charge then went into factory mode

Welcome to Android Central! Hmm, that doesn't sound good. I would suspect some hardware defect. Is the phone modified at all? Rooted? If not, bring it back to the store where you got it, or contact Samsung.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 wouldnt charge then went into factory mode

I believe Samsung's wide cables have issues. Try another? You can use the older cables. The right side of your charge port is for charging; that little extension to the left allows for faster data transfer when connected to your pc.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tommy Moreland

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Mine charged fine this morning, unplugged it, plugged it back in, and nothing, all with the factory cord and wall plug. A rep at the AT&T store gave me the number for the warranty center. Just to try something I turned it off and plugged it in tonight, and it lit up with:

FACTORY MODE:
PRODUCT NAME:
CURRENT BINARY:
SYSTEM STATUS:
REACTIVATION LOCK(KK):
KNOX WARRANTY VOID:
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT:
AP SWREV:
UDC START

then the green Android followed by

Downloading...
Do not turn off target!!

I'm leaving it alone until morning to see what happens. Thank God for Google Drive auto-backup.

vitarra

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
It happened to me this morning and apparently it's cable issue. I left it alone for about 30 minutes until it went off and then plugged in another charger. After charging the mobile went on and is working OK without any issues.

kylewlewl

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Hello, i know i might be late on this topic but the exact same thing just happened to me this evening. My phone is an old model Samsung Galaxy Note II and well it was charged normally this morning until afternoon when i felt my phone's heat and took it out then all i saw was Factory Mode, i tried various methods and i did came back to my normal phone screen but when i powered off, Factory mode appeared again, and the worse is that my phone can't be charged, i tried many cables but it wouldn't charged. I hope to get a reply as soon as possible, i'm freaking out here.

chuckman49

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Same problem happened to my wife's phone yesterday. This is how it worked for us. Hold down power button , before it restarts , hold down the lower volume button, phone should then startup normally and should charge fine. Good luck :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1