Why can't I fast forward my audio?

kensaiD2591

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
To be more specific - I'm listening to the Rooster Teeth Podcasts and am trying to fast forward to the 1:18:00 minute mark in a 1:36:00 recording, however when I skip forward, it jumps back to 00:07:00 or similar. I've tested several apps and several files, same issue - this is driving me insane as I never had this issue previously (have just jumped from iOS to Android).

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Several podcast apps? I use Stitcher and I can fast forward to different times in the podcasts. One feature that I like about Stitcher is that it remembers where you were when you left and will pick up about 20 seconds before where you left off. It also has a listen later feature that is pretty slick, where it downloads you favorite podcasts over WiFi and you can play them back with using any data. When you've listened to podcast it will automatically update when the new comes out but wait for you to have WiFi before doing so.

kensaiD2591

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Several podcast apps? I use Stitcher and I can fast forward to different times in the podcasts. One feature that I like about Stitcher is that it remembers where you were when you left and will pick up about 20 seconds before where you left off. It also has a listen later feature that is pretty slick, where it downloads you favorite podcasts over WiFi and you can play them back with using any data. When you've listened to podcast it will automatically update when the new comes out but wait for you to have WiFi before doing so.

Just want to say, I've since downloaded another lengthy podcast and, using my initial podcast app (podcast addict) I'm able to fast forward and resume as normal. Perhaps just an issue with that one file, I don't know. Frustration gone :)

Misata

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same exact problem and I'm starting to think that it's completely random - it appears on some of my audio files.
When I skip to the end of the audio it jumps back to around 1/10 of the whole audio (for example when I skip to 1:12:54 it jumps back to 0:9:27) I tried to re-download it but it didn't help.
It acts like if I had my files damaged somehow for example when I moved my video and I interrupted it before it was done.