Why is there a large white blotch on my KoboArc??

A

AC Question

On the bottom right side on the screen of my KoboArc, there is a large (2" × 3") lighter blotch on it. One part of it is lighter than the other. This problem started last night and has faded a little since then. I have to use my KoboArc for school, so what should I do to get rid of it?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A screenshot would be helpful, if you could post one.
Have you, or anyone else, done anything recently to the device which could possibly account for it?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 possible reasons for that problem.

1) The LEDs (that's what lights up the screen) behind that corner are brighter than the others. It can happen. (Although usually the other ones all got dim - possibly due to a bad connection somewhere - while the ones in that corner are still at full brightness. LEDs dim a lot more often than they get brighter.)

2) The LCD screen (the part you see stuff on) went bad and lets more light through that corner, or less light through the rest of the screen.

Try reducing the screen brightness a bit. If that fixes it, and you can live with it, no more problem. Otherwise (it doesn't fix it or you can't live with the dimmer screen), a problem like that is covered under the warranty. If it's out of warranty, decide just how annoying it is to you - it can be fixed, but the labor to figure out where the problem is - motherboard, screen, bad connection, etc. - will probably cost more than a new screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz