Asus C300 Chromebook seems to switch on when I open cover

A

AC Question

Hi Ive just got a new Asus C300 Chromebook, I have set it up and It seems to switch itself back on when I log off. When I lift the cover to open in the power light come on. Also every time it comes on I get a small picture and have to log on using password, is this correct or have I pressed a wrong button?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unless you fully powered off the Chromebook, it will always turn back on when you open the lid again. To fully power off, press and hold the power button until all windows close and the screen fades to black. Once powered off, it shouldn't power on again unless you press the power button--unless of course, Asus has some other function where opening the lid does in fact power it on.

If you logged off your account, or powered down completely, then when you start the Chromebook up again, you need to log into your Google account again. This keeps your data secure. If you only shut the lid (thus putting the device to sleep), then this shouldn't appear when you open the lid again.

Tom Miller4

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Having the Asus C300 "switch on" when you open the cover is one of the benefits of this line of product. It allows you to become very quickly productive instead of having to wait for the laptop to boot (30 - 90 secs or longer) or "un-hibernate" (which is faster than booting but not instant).

The reverse is also true. When you close the lid the machine is immediately transportable.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38