I purchased the Moto x Pure Edition unlocked directly from Motorola. It arrived yesterday morning. I got a new AT&T SIM and registered the IMEI with AT&T and the device will only connect to AT&T's 4G Network and not LTE. I have configured the APN and tried everything I can think of with no luck. I even tried having AT&T give me a new SIM card. The manager at the AT&T store was nice enough to help me trouble shoot the phone and network setting on his end, but it still won't connect to LTE.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Do I need to return the pure edition and pick up the AT&T model :-( ???
    09-25-2014 04:12 PM
    Sounds like a hardware phone problem. If AT&T can't fix it, exchange with Motorola.

Do you have a friend or family member that will let you try their SIM? That will help diagnose whether it is a network/account issue or a hardware issue. Worst case, you can buy a prepaid SIM and try that. Or maybe the AT&T store will have another SIM you can pop in to test it.
    09-25-2014 05:08 PM
    Ask at the AT&T store where the nearest Device Support Center is (it may be in the rear of your local store), and bring the phone there. See if they can get it working for you. If not, as cbryancan said, arrange an exchange with Motorola.
    09-25-2014 05:13 PM
    I put another SIM in from my iPhone and it was able to join LTE?? Seems like a AT&T network problem??
    09-25-2014 05:14 PM
    I'm having exact same problem. I changed APN settings and still no LTE. Been searching for a solution, but no luck.

Came from an N5 that got LTE from home on ATT.

Installed LTE Discovery and it says only picking up HSPA+

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-25-2014 10:34 PM
    I have the same issue. I noticed that the T-Mobile SIM that came with the phone does get LTE. I have a support ticket in process with both AT&T and Motorola. I'll let you know if I learn anything.
    09-26-2014 09:42 PM
    I am also having this problem. AT&T told me that it may have to do with the fact that it is not AT&T branded and is an unlocked version.
    09-30-2014 01:22 PM
    I just got my Pure Edition Moto X yesterday and had this problem. Apparently, the IMEI number is recognized by AT&T as an older model Motorola Flip phone...We changed back to the IMEI number of my previous LTE phone and now everything works properly. Don't like this solution and I am not sure how it may effect the other phone when I sell it...The AT&T Rep. said it should be fine...but I am not so sure..Any thoughts??
    10-03-2014 07:39 AM