After two years with an iPhone 5, I'm very excited to have my new Moto X arriving tomorrow! Looking forward to being back into the Android world.

Previous to the iPhone I had a couple different Android devices and built up quite a list of apps from the store over time. My concern is that tomorrow when I sign into this new Moto X for the first time all those apps are going to come flooding to the phone. Frankly, I'd like for none of them to come to the phone so I can kind of start from scratch.

So, will I be able to sign into the phone with my Google account and allow it to sync up contacts, calendars, etc and have the option to NOT include all these unwanted apps, or am I screwed and will have to be manually removing tons of things after signing in.
    09-25-2014 04:38 PM
    Here's what I did to avoid this, and I think it worked. When I signed into the new phone for the first time, it asked me whether I wanted to backup and restore using Google. I unchecked that. Then after I set the phone up the way I wanted, I went to Settings>Back & Restore and re-enabled backup. As far as I can tell, it only installed what I told it to install.
    09-25-2014 05:01 PM
    Another way is to use App Backup & Restore (free). Once you have the phone set up the way you like it, back up all your apps. Save the backup folder to your laptop or desktop. When you add an app you may want to keep (some of them are so bad you uninstall them after a few seconds), back it up and copy that one file to the laptop or desktop backup. (They're saved as apk files, so you can install a single app by just running that apk file - the default program for apk files is the installer app.) I still have the apps from my old Gingerbread phone backed up - never can tell when someone "updates" an app to uselessness. (And you can back up more than one version of an app.)
    09-25-2014 05:25 PM