Why is my Android Calendar widget stuck saying Loading..?

A

AC Question

Android Calendar widget stuck saying "Loading..."

Hi everyone. One of the main reasons I have a smartphone is because I like being able to open my phone and see my agenda immediately. Helps keep me on schedule. For absolutely no reason today, my calendar widget stopped working. It just shows text that says "Loading..." now instead of a list of all my upcoming events. Clicking on the calendar shows that I have no upcoming events (I am synced with Google Calendar and logging onto that from my PC shows I do indeed have events on it), and clicking on the agenda view shows an empty page.

I would really appreciate any help on this. I have tried third party apps and they all fail to load any data. Is really defeating the purpose of having my smartphone right now :(

Thanks in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android Calendar widget stuck saying "Loading..."

Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have? Have you tried removing the calendar widget from the homescreen, then adding it back? Or rebooting the phone?

BlindMessiah

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

OP here. I have an HTC One S. I have tried removing and readding, rebooting the phone, and nothing seems to work. It's like it just up and decided to fail at recognizing calendar events all of a sudden, regardless of what app I use.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, look for something like "HTC Calendar," and Clear Cache/Data, then Force Stop. Now try adding the calendar widget again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11