Hi everyone. One of the main reasons I have a smartphone is because I like being able to open my phone and see my agenda immediately. Helps keep me on schedule. For absolutely no reason today, my calendar widget stopped working. It just shows text that says "Loading..." now instead of a list of all my upcoming events. Clicking on the calendar shows that I have no upcoming events (I am synced with Google Calendar and logging onto that from my PC shows I do indeed have events on it), and clicking on the agenda view shows an empty page.

I would really appreciate any help on this. I have tried third party apps and they all fail to load any data. Is really defeating the purpose of having my smartphone right now

Thanks in advance!
    09-25-2014 08:46 PM
    Try going to Settings>Apps>All, look for something like "HTC Calendar," and Clear Cache/Data, then Force Stop. Now try adding the calendar widget again.
    Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have? Have you tried removing the calendar widget from the homescreen, then adding it back? Or rebooting the phone?
    BlindMessiah likes this.
    09-25-2014 10:48 PM
    OP here. I have an HTC One S. I have tried removing and readding, rebooting the phone, and nothing seems to work. It's like it just up and decided to fail at recognizing calendar events all of a sudden, regardless of what app I use.
    09-26-2014 12:55 PM
    Try going to Settings>Apps>All, look for something like "HTC Calendar," and Clear Cache/Data, then Force Stop. Now try adding the calendar widget again.
    09-26-2014 01:33 PM
    That fixed it! Thank you so much!!!! I really appreciate it!
    ♥♥♥
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-27-2014 01:31 PM