How do I stop saving files to a LAN with Samsung Note 10 2014 Edition?

A

AC Question

Saving files to a LAN with Samsung Note 10 2014 Edition

When using a file explorer program to access files on a LAN, is there any way to stop the tablet from saving a cache/temp copy directly to the tablet and only save back to the server you are accessing? I have been able to view the server I want, open files from the server, edit them, and save back to the server, but a copy also always saves back to the tablet as well. It looks like this is because when the tablet opens a file from the server it immediately turns it into some sort of temp file so you aren't actually working off of the server copy. Is there any way around this or can someone explain why the tablet does this? Any insight is appreciated. My laboratory is looking into using tablets to collect data and we need to open/save files off the server, not on individual tablets, so we are trying to understand all the mechanisms of how this works. Thank-you!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Saving files to a LAN with Samsung Note 10 2014 Edition

AFAIK, not possible unless you're using some sort of web-based service that handles the processing and data transfer. For instance, Office 365 on a web browser will display the file as part of a web browser, so you're not really downloading and editing the file itself, you're using a webpage and the actual file is saved on the server. Sure, you're always downloading temp data onto your tablet, just like streaming video always resides on it for some time, but they're temp files and the system should delete them eventually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03