I searched the forum for this question- I'm sure it's been asked before- but I didn't find any apples-to-apples questions like mine, so here goes:

I'm a soon-to-be ex-iPhone user, and have narrowed my decision to either the Moto X or the Nexus 6/X. If I get the Nexus 6, I should have SD card storage (I think- all we have are rumors). But if I get the Moto X, I expect that cloud storage will be desired to augment the 32 GB internal memory (I would pay extra for the 32 GB instead of the 16 GB). Three questions:

1. How easy is it to set up Cloud storage? Do you just download an app and follow the instructions or is it more complicated?
    2. How many cloud storage options can I utilize (and what are the options- Dropbox?)? Can I, for instance, use the Google Cloud and (insert alternative cloud service here) using one for pictures/videos and the other for movies, for instance?
    3. How much storage is available for each of my Cloud options, respectively?
    09-27-2014 12:04 PM
    There are quite a few cloud storage options. By far the most convenient is Google Drive, which comes preinstalled on most Android devices. You automatically get 15 GB of storage for life, and various promotions give you up to 50 or even 100 additional GB (usually for a 2 year period). Google Drive is very closely integrated with all functions on the phone, so it's very easy to upload files. If you select the Share option of any given file, you'll see a number of options for sharing, where you would see Google Drive as well as other cloud services that you may have installed.

You can use as many cloud options as you'd like. There are guides on how to maximize your total cloud storage by signing up for Dropbox, Box, Skydrive, Asus Webstorage, Amazon Cloud Drive, etc. Each service typically gives you around 5-15 GB of free storage, but you can always buy more.
    GSOAT likes this.
    09-27-2014 07:02 PM