On my Nexus 5 I can make calls via the Contact list or the Speed Dial. How can I place a few contacts on my Home screen?
    09-27-2014 04:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Use the Direct Dial widget. Long-press any empty part of a homescreen, then tap Widgets, and look for Direct Dial. Long press that, then drag it to the homescreen. You will then be prompted to select a contact, and a specific phone number for that contact. When finished, that Direct Dial widget will allow you to call that number with one touch. This is different from the Contact widget, which will prompt you every time to select which phone number to call when you tap it.
    Welcome to Android Central! Use the Direct Dial widget. Long-press any empty part of a homescreen, then tap Widgets, and look for Direct Dial. Long press that, then drag it to the homescreen. You will then be prompted to select a contact, and a specific phone number for that contact. When finished, that Direct Dial widget will allow you to call that number with one touch. This is different from the Contact widget, which will prompt you every time to select which phone number to call when you tap it.
    09-27-2014 06:10 PM