I lost my phone and it is dead/off. I went on android device manager and because my phone is off I cannot locate my phone. But I accidentally clicked on enable lock and erase. I do not want to erase my phone, especially automatically if someone turns it on. Is there anyway I can disable it before someone turns it on? I also clicked enable ring. Not sure what to do but I will be very upset if all of my content is lost. It should ask you are you sure you want to enable lock and erase for people like me and not sure how to use the website correctly....
    09-27-2014 10:54 PM
    I accidently clicked on it also, at work on a computer, logged into my G-mail account.. I am new to androids, and went to the Android Device manager page. There is no instructions, only a map, and a place wit your devices name and two buttons to push. One says "Ring" the other says" Enable Lock and Erase device". I thought that by pushing the "Enable lock and erase" device I would be enabling that device to use later if needed, not erasing and locking my tablet right now! Luckily the tablet is home turned off, does anyone know if it will erase as soon as I turn it on, or is there someway to disable that feature before it kicks in, or does that button only activate it for later use, as I thought? Some instructions would really have helped here.

Thanks.
    11-06-2014 01:58 PM
    Same thing happened to me, just wondering if you got solution to this
    10-19-2015 10:27 AM