I have just moved to a HTC M8 from an iPhone and learning how it all works! Please please explain how I remove the Google now screen I get when I unlock my phone. I go the the menu to click it off but the search grey bar still remains. Please tell me in an easy step by step guide, how to remove it so I just get my home screen up after I unlock my phone! I look forward to sorting this annoying problem.
    09-28-2014 05:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you unlock the screen, make sure you're not swiping up from that up-arrow icon at the very bottom, because that's the gesture that brings up Google Now. From the lockscreen, if you swipe up from that icon, you'll still be prompted for the unlock PIN, but then it'll go straight to Google Now, because the phone thinks that's what you wanted to do. Instead, start from the lock icon and swipe up. It's tricky because the lock icon is right above that up arrow.

If you really want to get rid of Google Now, open it up, scroll all the way to the bottom, then tap the menu button at the lower right, and tap Settings. Now flip the Google Now switch off.
    09-29-2014 12:37 AM