I have a galaxy s3. When I try and play my music using any player it will show 1-2 seconds of "play time" then pauses. During the 1-2 seconds that show the song is playing I cannot hear anything. I also noticed when using google maps the voice directions did not work either. It stuttered a bit but that was it. Did I accidently turn something off? I have been going through my apps and restricting background because it seems as if I am burning through data and I read that may help. That's probably an entirely new question but I go through 5g of data every month. I don't watch video, stream music, or do online gaming. Browsing the internet and facebook. What is eating my data?
    09-28-2014 06:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where are the songs that you're trying to play stored? On your Internal Storage, external microSD card, or in the cloud? If you're trying to stream music and you restricted background data, then that might impact your ability to stream. If the music is stored on an external microSD card, then the card or the files might be corrupt--Samsung devices are somewhat notorious for SD issues.

In regards to data usage, you can see what's been using data by going to Settings>Wireless & Networks>Data Usage. You can restrict background data for certain apps by selecting the app there and then checking the Restrict Background Data box. Another approach would be simply to toggle off mobile data whenever you're not actively using your phone. Do you really need the phone to be constantly connected?
    09-29-2014 12:33 AM
    How did u fix your matter? It happens to me as well
    09-30-2014 02:40 PM
    How did u fix your matter? It happens to me as well
    Welcome to Android Central! Perhaps you could give some more details, like the ones I had suggested above.
    09-30-2014 04:47 PM