Why is my S3 screen often unresponsive?

A

AC Question

I push the home button to wake up my phone, then when I swipe to unlock it doesn't pick up my touch.
This is an intermittent problem. My phone is only about a month old.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I push the home button to wake up my phone, then when I swipe to unlock it doesn't pick up my touch.
This is an intermittent problem. My phone is only about a month old.
Have you noticed the intermittent unresponsiveness after installing a particular app or service? Sometimes an app running in the background can cause this problem. Since the device is about a month old, hopefully it wouldn't be much of a bother to factory reset then reinstall your apps and services slowly keeping on eye on the problem to see if it return.

Let us know how it goes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone is only about a month old.
That, and the fact that you're having a problem with the phone, is all we need to know. It's under warranty. Bring it back for a replacement. Don't waste your time repairing something that's someone else's responsibility to repair. As far as an app running in the background, not many of them would have an effect on the lock screen's response time and if it ever happens when you first turn the phone on, I'd discount that almost completely. (Almost, because you could have some rogue app loading during boot, but if it's an intermittent condition that would be so rare I wouldn't consider it.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey