What have I done to my Lg G3?

David_Roberts

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I recently rooted my android LG g3 phone and started experiencing problems with the Google Play Store and was getting errors like 495 and such and have been unable to download any new apps or games. I then went a researched on how to fix this, and found several YouTube videos that suggested deleting all lines in the host file except for "127.0.0.1 local host." I did that but am still unable to download apps. I then researched and removed my Google account and then tried to resign in or whatever, but got errors there like "unable to reach Google server." I finally had to do a factory reset to get my Google account back on, but am still having the same errors in the play store. What should I do? My host file now reads:

127.0.0.1 localhost
#127.22.3.134 android.clients.google.com
talk.google.com
(That last line starting with the hash tag was an idea from an article I read but didn't seem to help.)

Thanks guys!! Davy

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently rooted my android LG g3 phone and started experiencing problems with the Google Play Store and was getting errors like 495 and such and have been unable to download any new apps or games. I then went a researched on how to fix this, and found several YouTube videos that suggested deleting all lines in the host file except for "127.0.0.1 local host." I did that but am still unable to download apps. I then researched and removed my Google account and then tried to resign in or whatever, but got errors there like "unable to reach Google server." I finally had to do a factory reset to get my Google account back on, but am still having the same errors in the play store. What should I do? My host file now reads:

127.0.0.1 localhost
#127.22.3.134 android.clients.google.com
talk.google.com
(That last line starting with the hash tag was an idea from an article I read but didn't seem to help.)

Thanks guys!! Davy

Try clearing google play store data and cache.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
In hosts, a hash tag at the beginning of a line makes the line a comment. You can put anything you like after the hash tag and it won't affect the file (except make it take longer to read).

The 495 error usually occurs when you're using wifi, not mobile data. Try running Application manager and Force stop, Clear data and Clear cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager. Then try installing an app. (Since Google Play doesn't request root, rooting the phone [if that's all the "thing" you did to root the phone did - most of them leave garbage behind, and it's the garbage that causes the problems] has no effect on Google Play. It's like a traffic jam on I-5 in California when you're in New York.)

"and such" doesn't give us much to help you with - every Play Store error is different, and there are a few different fixes, depending on the error number.

BTW,

127.0.0.1 localhost

is the most you ever need in the hosts file. (And only if you or some app refers to the computer address as localhost, not as 127.0.0.1.) At best, an address that you have in the hosts file saves your computer a few milliseconds in looking up an address (or redirecting your browser to your computer when there's an ad on a web page - that's how most ad blockers work). If you never refer to your computer as localhost, you don't need a hosts file at all.

If the line with the hashtag is
#127.22.3.134 android.clients.google.com talk.google.com
it's fine. (It maps both android.clients.google.com and talk.google.com to 127.22.3.134 if the hashtag is deleted. But as I said, it doesn't matter what's after the hashtag. But if there's a
talk.google.com
line by itself, get rid of it. It says that talk.google.com's address is nil. That makes as much sense as asking people to send you snail mail by giving them your birth date, and it could confuse the whole TCP/IP setup in your phone.

Last edited: