How do i get my ear buds to work?

A

AC Question

how do i get my ear buds to work?

My buds are plugged in to the phone, but nothing is coming out of them, the sound is still on the phone speakers...??????

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: how do i get my ear buds to work?

Your contacts in the audio port are coated in something, therefore the device doesn't recognize that they are plugged in and it also stops them from working. Your options are these you can try compressed air to blow it out, that is the least intrusive, you can try a tightly wound cotton swab with some rubbing alcohol, I wouldn't soak it to the point alcohol dripped into the port and if not tightly wound some strands could be pulled off, or lastly you could take it into a service center where they will likely clean it for you for free as a customer service.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Let us know if cleaning the contact works. Also, often times you need to make sure it's all the way inserted. It might not feel normal, but sometimes you need to give it a little push so that it seats all the way down and is properly connected to the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

VidJunky could be right, but the jack could just be defective (or broken). (Pushing a cotton swab into the jack could void your warranty if it leaves even one little fiber in the jack and the warranty facility wants to be a pain.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz