Why am I getting error messages when trying to pair my Bluetooth Paring with my S5?

A

AC Question

Bluetooth Paring Problem

I have just bought a U Watch on Ebay, which is supposed to be compatible and able to pair with my Galaxy S5.
Done all the usual checks, visibility etc.

I get message 'Confirm passkey is ******* to pair with BT WATCH' then it thinks about it for about 15 seconds, then I get 'Pairing failed incorrect PIN or password'.

Bluetooth definitely fine on phone as my Nokia headset works fine every time.

Really appreciate some help on this... very frustrating... Thanks

blowdell

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Paring Problem

Hi B .Diddy and thanks for your welcome and reply.

The pdf / documentation you posted is what came with the watch, but thanks anyway for that, handy to have a pdf version. :)

It doesn't matter which way you initiate the scan from... the BT watch or the phone, it generates a random and different passcode each time. the passcode does correspond on each device and you have to press OK on the G S5 to confirm... then it just won't pair! I'm stumped on this one.

The apk file you mention, is the app which enables the phone to communicate with the watch BUT only once it's paired!, so until I can achieve the pairing, the app useless!

There are loads of these being sold on Ebay and they all say it's compatible with the S5.

BT-1.jpg BT-2.jpg

blowdell

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Nope! I've tried touching the smart watch screen all over to see if that were the case.

Re attached pic .... it's the smartwatch that's generating the code (different every time) and as per the instructions (pretty poor English) you're just supposed to hit ok on the phone... and it pairs.

I'm just wondering if there is some other bluetooth problem.... OR (god forbid) that this watch ISN'T compatible with the GS5!!

I'm far from a technophobe and can normally sort this kind of thing out, with a bit of help from Google, and there is normally someone whose had the same problem, but can't find it this time!

blowdell

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Ok B. Diddy.... After approx 8 hours... I'VE DONE IT!! :D

I did it by accident on the GS5 but was petrified to unpair it in case I couldn't do it again!! As your last message came up, I was indeed reaching for my spare old Motorola XT, to try it on that, which I did.

On the GS5 I had accidentally touched the bottom left of the smart watch screen between the PIN request and pressing OK on the GS5... So I tried it on the XT and the sequence is:

Scan, then pair .... THEN press the bottom left button on the smart watch, then press OK on the smart phone. Now then, I have just looked at the instructions again and it does indeed say press confirm, but I have completely miss understood that instruction as press to confirm... as in press OK on the smart phone!!!

Not sure if this has been me being thick or the instructions lost in translation but whatever... a valuable lesson for anyone who comes across the same problem.

Thank you so much for your help and quick resposes... and apologies for being a bit of an *****!!

Karan vir Arora

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site

Blowdell thanks to you I saved 8 excruciating hrs !!! I mean I followed your instructions and viola I was in business thanks to you I have surpassed the same issue in regards to incorrect pass key damn u good my man!!!

Linda Winchester

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site

I did it by accident on the GS5 but was petrified to unpair it in case I couldn't do it again!! As your last message came up, I was indeed reaching for my spare old Motorola XT, to try it on that, which I did.

On the GS5 I had accidentally touched the bottom left of the smart watch screen between the PIN request and pressing OK on the GS5... So I tried it on the XT and the sequence is:

Scan, then pair .... THEN press the bottom left button on the smart watch, then press OK on the smart phone. Now then, I have just looked at the instructions again and it does indeed say press confirm, but I have completely miss understood that instruction as press to confirm... as in press OK on the smart phone!!!

Not sure if this has been me being thick or the instructions lost in translation but whatever... a valuable lesson for anyone who comes across the same problem.

Thank you so much for your help and quick resposes... and apologies for being a bit of an *****!!

After months not knowing how to connect watch I decide to Google it seen your page tried it viola on thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

tank900

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why am I getting error messages when trying to pair my Bluetooth Paring with my S6?

Watch recognize phone then when I attempt to pair, it says pairing then it say make sure smart watch is ready. I've turned watch on and off and turn on Bluetooth capabilities.
Help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

matiliam

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site

is there anything elce i cold do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad