How do I switch my contacts from my SIM card to my Phone?

A

AC Question

Switching contacts from SIM card to Phone

My sister saved all my contacts to my SIM card instead of the phone. I don't have the option of importing/exporting from my SIM card to my phone. It only says import/export to a USB storage. Help?

cbryancan

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Switching contacts from SIM card to Phone

I went into the contacts application ("People") and clicked the menu button (three dots on the lower right). There is a menu option that says "Import/Export" and then an option for "Import from SIM card"

This is on the Moto X, so it is the stock contacts app (called "People"). If you are using a carrier skinned version, you'll have to specify that and maybe someone with the same phone can answer your question.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switching contacts from SIM card to Phone

The one thing Google doesn't give us is the ability to edit what kind of contact a contact is. You can import all your SIM contacts, then export all your contacts to a file, go to Google Contacts and import that file. You'll probably have loads of duplicates, so install an app from the Play Store that eliminates duplicates (there are a lot of free ones).

You want all your contacts to be Google contacts. If you lose the phone and/or the SIM, if they get destroyed, etc., Google contacts are still there on the site, and any Android phone you put that account into will sync those contacts. (It's a lot easier than entering in a few hundred contacts by hand.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88