Contacts Won't Stop Updating!

A

AC Question

After doing a Verizon VoiceMail Update on 09/29/14, I can not get my contact list to stop updating. It has been updating for hours. Nothing appears on the screen except the words "Updating contact list". I have tried turning my phone off and on. That doesn't work. In my text messages, the person's phone number appears instead of their name. Before the update, the name always appeared. I need help fixing this...PLEASE! My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Settings, Applications, Default Applications, Contacts, Clear cache and data. Force close the app and restart. See if that works. Also worth checking is of you have the right accounts synching... Google contacts?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And if that doesn't work, a trip to the nearest Verizon repair center. The update could have glitched. (They're fairly good about fixing things they broke.)

dmots10

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S5 - I was working off what the Panda was saying, and got mine to stop "updating contacts." I went to Settings, then to Applications. Scroll over to All Applications, and select Contacts. Clear the cache and data, and force stop the app. Next, go back to the All Applications screen and select Contacts Storage. I cleared the cache and data, also force stopping the app. When I reopened my contacts, everything was working.

andrenw

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
1. Go to settings
2. Applications
3. Application manager
4. Look for contacts and contacts storage
5. Clear data and cache for both contact and contacts storage
6. Go back to your contacts icon. They should all be there now

Let me know if this resolves it. It worked for me.

Good luck!

andrenw

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
1. Go to settings
2. Applications
3. Application manager
4. Look for contacts and contacts storage
5. Clear data and cache for both contact and contacts storage
6. Go back to your contacts icon. They should all be there now

Let me know if this resolves it. It worked for me.

Good luck!