Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 got wet. Can I fix it?

A

AC Question

I was washing my car today and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 was laying in the front seat. I didn't realize it until I was done washing the car, but apparently, my passenger side window was cracked just enough that water created a puddle in the front seat and my tablet was laying in it!

I turned it off and dried off the outside of the tablet and the case. I then turned it back on and it seemed fine then. Now, however, the screen looks as if it has water behind it and it will not turn all the way back on. The screen came back up long enough to tell me it needed charged then it went black.

Is it like a phone where a few days in rice will have it dried up or do I need to do something else with it? Or do I write it off as a total loss?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You won't know unless you try, so seal the device in a ziploc bag full of uncooked rice for at least 24 hours. If you have any of those desiccant bags that come with various products (the ones that say "Do not eat"), that's even better to throw in there.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon