I was washing my car today and my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 was laying in the front seat. I didn't realize it until I was done washing the car, but apparently, my passenger side window was cracked just enough that water created a puddle in the front seat and my tablet was laying in it!

I turned it off and dried off the outside of the tablet and the case. I then turned it back on and it seemed fine then. Now, however, the screen looks as if it has water behind it and it will not turn all the way back on. The screen came back up long enough to tell me it needed charged then it went black.

Is it like a phone where a few days in rice will have it dried up or do I need to do something else with it? Or do I write it off as a total loss?
    09-29-2014 07:08 PM
    I would try the rice...

If that doesn't work, sending it into Samsung is all you can really do :/
    09-29-2014 07:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You won't know unless you try, so seal the device in a ziploc bag full of uncooked rice for at least 24 hours. If you have any of those desiccant bags that come with various products (the ones that say "Do not eat"), that's even better to throw in there.
    09-29-2014 07:26 PM