How do I reload the firmware on my Galaxy Note 3?

A

AC Question

My samsung galaxy note 3 hangs when started

When i start the samsung note 3 to gets to the music and only plays part of it and hangs and never starts. How do reload to firmware

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: My samsung galaxy note 3 hangs when started

Download the ROM for your version of the Note 3 (country, carrier) from SamMobile Firmwares. (Registering is free.) Flashing the wrong version (AT&T ROM on a Verizon phone, for instance) could permanently hard brick the phone.

Download Odin (Mini-SDK if you can't find it anywhere else - Version 3.09 is the latest). Boot into Download (volume-/Home/Power until you get the warning notice, then let it go ahead). Run Odin. Connect the phone to the computer. The Com box should show you a COM port number after a few seconds. (You may have to install the Samsung drivers first, if you didn't yet - SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones) (Connect the phone to the computer, not to a USB hub - use the original cable. If you're running Windows 8.1, see Windows 8.1 - Install unsigned drivers... » RevRYL)

Let Odin rip and, when it's done your phone should work. (The first boot can take up to 10 minutes - be patient.)

Or ...

Depending on your carrier, you could try bringing it to their repair center and asking them if they could reflash it for you. If this happened right after the latest update, they will, because they caused the problem. (Over the air updates don't always work, and the carriers know that.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance