How do you retrieve lost photos?

A

AC Question

how do you retrieve lost photos?

my phone was reset back to the factory setting and my pictures did not fully back up in my google account.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do you retrieve lost photos?

Chances are that they've been overwritten by other files. But you could try an app like Disk Digger (the free version restores picture files only). Don't be surprised if you get a lot of partial pictures - that means that where the rest of the picture used to be in storage is now being used to store a different file. (Once a file is deleted, the space it used to use can be used to store any file - it's free space. The file itself doesn't get deleted, the space it's using is marked as no longer being in use.)

TechhieFan1

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: how do you retrieve lost photos?

my phone was reset back to the factory setting and my pictures did not fully back up in my google account.
I had almost the same type of thing happen to me....While using remote access app on my Galaxy s5 yesterday, the tech support of Samsung deleted a huge folder of mine in my gallery from my internal memory, almost thought I had lucked out as I went to my google account and saw that it was in the process of wanting to back up what would seem to be ALL my pictures, but after it started backing up it appears it only backed up 50% of my pictures.....of course lesson learned on losing pictures (I did have Cloud, but had run out of room), but a painful one of course.... :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12