I am in the middle of trying to upgrade a phone on my account and I have run into a snag. We have the following:

Line 1 unlimited upgrade available iphone 4
    Line 2 unlimited upgrade available iphone 4
    line 3 unlimited upgrade available iphone 5 (but away at college)
    line 4 2GB plan no upgrade iphone 4

I need a new phone for line 1. I transferred upgrade from line 1 to line 4 and ordered an iphone 6 online - the online process said I did not need to change my data package at all because I have 2GB on line 4. The phone is on its way. When I check our lines, line 1 still shows unlimited data and the contract is extended 2 years, line 4 has not changed.

I have read that the way to keep unlimited data is to activate the phone on line 4, then deactivate, then put your sim card from the phone currently on line 1 into the new phone. Unfortunately, the phone on line 1 does not have a sim card.

1) If I activate the iphone 6 on line 4, then move the phone from line 4 to line 1, will that trigger a data plan change?

2) The other option would be to activate on line 4, deactivate, get a new sim card and activate on line 1.

I do not want to involve Verizon on the phone because they flagged my account when I asked questions about keeping unlimited data (lucky me) so I think they are looking for me to try . . . I need to stay strictly online if possible.

If 1) and 2) wont work, the only longshot I can think of is to move the iphone 6 from line 4 to line 2 then to line 1. Possibly just having the other line inbetween breaks the connection from the upgrade??? Longshot.
    09-30-2014 12:43 AM
    Let me know if this works for you. I am in the same situation.
    09-30-2014 11:47 AM