Should I upgrade to Samsung Galaxy S4, S5 or get another Samsung Galaxy S3?

kiddcarolinagirl

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't really know what caused this, but a couple of months ago my phone's mic gave out and i've been having to use a headset. my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 and i've been trying to decide if I should get another or upgrade to S4 or S5.

Better yet, what are your "opinions" of those two phones compared to S3?

I've had that Samsung Galaxy S3 for about 11 months now, and after eight months the mic decides to give out. I like the phone, but I don't know if I should "risk" getting another because i've been reading recent bad reviews about the new updates and how it isn't worth having the S3 anymore, because now i'm beginning to have battery issues and I don't really use the phone much, except for calls/text lately.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
This is a purty device-specific question for AAQ and you might get a better answer in the Samsung Galaxy forums. My opinion of those phones is that they are all high-spec devices, with the later devices progressively better than the earlier....and, at least where I am, progressively more expensive at current prices. But I've never owned.

Are you sure your problem would not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty? Even if not, the cost of a repair and a new battery might get you back on the road again fairly inexpensively.

Perhaps, if your use of your device is fairly minimal, you don't really need a high-spec device in the first place?

Posted via Android Central App

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you try using can air to clear out the Mic? Power off phone, use a Q-Tip with 91% alcohol (evaporates faster? ) and clear Mic. Make sure everything evaporates before turning back on. Could still be a bad Mic....

Posted via the Android Central App

kiddcarolinagirl

May 13, 2014
Visit site
well, i've already contacted the company and they said it's not covered.

but the reason my phone's use has been minimal "lately" is because of the battery situation. I haven't been able to use it long at all.
i've checked the apps running in background to confirm what was running and no apps were running, because I went threw every single app to see if it said "force stop" and the only things running were the system apps required for the device to run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34