'There is insufficient space on the device.' when I have plenty of space available.

A

AC Question

I have a micro sd card in the Samsung 7 inch tablet. I have changed the settings to 'download to sd card'. I currently have 419mb available on the device and 9.97gb on sd card. It was working for a while. Ever since I deleted all games but one, it will not download any game...no matter the size, provider, etc. I receive the same error every time. Please help and thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What size games are you trying to download? Remember that the filesize listed in Google Play is the installer file's size, not the ultimate size of the app when it's fully installed (which is usually significantly larger, just like with Windows). So if you're downloading a game that's listed as 100 MB, it might actually take up 200-300 MB of storage, which may encroach on the system's threshold for low memory warnings. As far as I know, apps still need to download first to Internal Storage during installation; then, during the process of installation, part of it may be moved to the SD card if that's what you selected. But Internal Storage acts as the bottleneck--I don't believe you can truly download and install an app directly to the SD card, completely bypassing Internal Storage.

See this guide for more tips on how to clear up Internal Storage: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress