Why am I getting the error message Unfortunately, System UI has stopped after firmware update 4.2.2?

A

AC Question

Firmware update 4.2.2 - Error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (stock and not rooted) automatically updated my firmware this morning to 4.2.2 and ever since then all I'm getting is a pop up message saying the above and I cannot use the device. I've lost all system buttons therefor no home or back button. Any idea how to fix this?

Rachel Wilkie

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Firmware update 4.2.2 - Error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"

I have exactly the same problem, it did an automatic update, now I have no bottom toolbar and a silly message that keeps popping up. I guess the update is wonky donky!

Last edited:

Rachel Wilkie

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Firmware update 4.2.2 - Error "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped"

Just spoke to samsung 0330 726 7864, no quibble, they are going to repair it, naff update, luckily I didnt update my othe two Tab2's.

sabino passepartout

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

What Solved the issue for me was to:

FIRST THING, BACKUP ALL OF YOUR INFORMATION on a computer. As this method will erase everything on the device.

1) Factory hard reset first (depending on your device, you have to turn the phone off, then by pressing the power and the volume down -or up depending on your phone- and at the same time the power button, holding them you should see a menu to factory reset. If your phone is in chinese then choose the option that has the pinyin "something in chinese MMC", that´s the one that resets the phone.

2) Once android launches and you go through the "next, next, skip, boring" procedure, do a soft reset by going to the Backup and restore menu. Erase everything. You should see an android screen for a while while the process completes. If your device was rooted with framaroot (mine was messed up with this), unroot it by launching the app again, erase every file related with that. If possible, format your sd card.

3) Launch your device and, if you still have the "unfortunately system ui has stopped" patiently get to the Apps menu. Find the "Face Unlock" and force stop it, disable notifications and disable the app. Restart.

4) When installing and updating the google play store, be sure to disable "Google" automatic updates. This update also seemed to affect my System UI.

5) If you still have the issue, try disabling Facebook (if it comes by default on your phone) or unistalling it.

Those are a lot of steps and I haven't quite found which one solved my issue, that's why I recommend them all. I have been installing my old apps one day at a time so I can test and see which one was messing up with my system. So far whatsapp works seamlessly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo