I have the latest Android on my HTC One. I was playing QuizUp when my battery died (it was very low). So, I did what I usually do, I plugged the charger in.

What happened next: phone took ALOT of time to restart (20 minutes maybe) and when it did, I was logged out of every apps and services and I got default Nova launcher desktops (as if I just installed it)

My photos and music are still here but some apps are missing and I lost a bunch of contacts. It's like I got taken back to 10 months ago on my device.

Now my most annoying problem is I'm trying to reinstall Swift Key but it's impossible. It gives me the -24 error where it says "Unknown installation error: -24 code" Bunch of other installations fail too.

How the hell can something like this happen? What to do next?
    10-01-2014 06:27 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you try going back to your stock launcher? I wonder if Nova Launcher reverted to some backed-up older setup that doesn't include other apps you've installed since then. The apps are probably still installed on your device--Nova just can't "see" them. Your stock launcher probably will.
    WinterDAWN likes this.
    10-01-2014 06:44 PM