How can I find out what app is downloading?

A

AC Question

Updating over 4g only

I only have 2gb of data per month so I leave my data turned off unless I need/want to use it.

Today, every time I turn on my data a notification window pops up saying its "downloading software update" and I went from 2% of my daily data used to 45% in about 5 seconds before I turned off my data.

Unfortunately as soon as I turn off my data the notification window will disappear so I don't know what app is causing it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop it/ what is causing this?

PS. I am at work and don't have wifi with internet but when I turn my wifi on it doesn't attempt to download anything even though its connected to a network (no internet connection).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Updating over 4g only

Go to Settings, General, About Phone, and check there for any updates. Or you may have an app on board that will let you check update status.
You are presumably set to allow updates to download automatically via mobile data. Try setting to download via wifi only.
It must have been a small update because the larger software updates normally require you to connect to wifi, at least for a part of the procedure.

Posted via Android Central App