Bought a new unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. Got a Straight Talk plan, and got it set up. When I did a test call, the caller ID on the other phone was a Spanish/Mexican name. I looked online at the owners manual for how to change 'my' name, but nowhere in the phone settings is there an option (Call options) like the one listed in the manual?
    10-01-2014 12:57 PM
    Bought a new unlocked Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket. Got a Straight Talk plan, and got it set up. When I did a test call, the caller ID on the other phone was a Spanish/Mexican name. I looked online at the owners manual for how to change 'my' name, but nowhere in the phone settings is there an option (Call options) like the one listed in the manual?
    I think the name is tied to the number or SIM card. Is it a new sim?
    Either way, when you set up the device it should have asked for your name. Did you enter the correct name there? What about the associated G+ account? I'm trying to offer up alternatives which may help you.
    10-01-2014 01:21 PM
    It is a new sim, from the Straight Talk starter kit.
    And I'm nearly positive it never asked for my name when setting up the phone. And the connected Google account is, of course mine, so..
    It did ask to create a profile on AT&T Ready2go, but when following the links, the website said the service is no longer available, and directed me to help page for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
    10-01-2014 05:30 PM