Are Android OS's compatible with Oracle IRM?

A

AC Question

Are Android Operating Systems compatible with Oracle IRM?

Our company uses Oracle IRM. We are about to purchase about 30 tablets but we need to be certain that Oracle IRM will be compatible with the operating systems available.
Since Windows 7 is basically obsolete and Windows 8 seems to be having issues with Oracle IRM, I wanted to see if anyone may know if Android based systems may be compatible.
Thank you in advance for your help!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Are Android Operating Systems compatible with Oracle IRM?

Our company uses Oracle IRM. We are about to purchase about 30 tablets but we need to be certain that Oracle IRM will be compatible with the operating systems available.
Since Windows 7 is basically obsolete and Windows 8 seems to be having issues with Oracle IRM, I wanted to see if anyone may know if Android based systems may be compatible.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Not sure, really. Have you reached out to a particular manufacturer to see if this will be compatible with their tablets?

hp2014

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm waiting on a response from Oracle IRM. I've contacted Microsoft and Samsung to inquire if they have any Windows 7 compatible tablets, since we know that version is compatible with Oracle IRM and they said no. I did not ask them to do any research on my behalf because I was thinking that the compatibility would be with the operating system and Oracle...not the tablet manufacturer.