Last Saturday night, I fell into a lake with my Nexus 4 in my pocket... I took the phone out of my pocket after a few seconds, but we turned it on. It was vibrating and it got hot. After that I didn't turn it on and let it dry in rice, cleaned the motherboard and all the parts for corrosion because there was this kind or grey-white layer on some places. But no connectors seem too damaged. I guess it's normal for the phone not to start up when putting the charger but no battery? If I put the battery and put it in the charger, there is no red light and when I press the power button I get a short single vibration like always when you turn it on, but no screen... When I hold the power button for 12-15 seconds, I get the blinking red light. When I press the minus volume button and the power button, I get the famous 1 blink - 2 sec pause - 11 blinks. If I connect it to my laptop with the usb cable, I hear the sound of connecting the device and immediately the sound of disconnecting it. So I'm quite sure the battery is dead... Is it possible that the motherboard is dead in this case, or not? And how can I check if my screen and digitizer are broken... All help or advice is appreciated
    10-01-2014 02:13 PM
    I would try another battery to be sure it is the battery ... If it still does the same thing with a new battery ... Chances are something else suffered due to water damage.
    10-01-2014 02:53 PM